The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation has announced the following nominees for 2021 induction:
- Mary J. Blige
- Kate Bush
- Foo Fighters
- The Go-Go’s
- Iron Maiden
- Chaka Khan
- Carole King
- Fela Kuti
- LL Cool J
- New York Dolls
- Rage Against the Machine
- Todd Rundgren
- Tina Turner
- Dionne Warwick
- To be eligible for nomination, an individual artist or band must have released its first commercial recording at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination.
- Seven out of 16 of the nominees are on the ballot for the first time, including Foo Fighters, The Go-Go’s, Iron Maiden, JAY-Z, Mary J. Blige, Fela Kuti, and Dionne Warwick.
- Chaka Khan was previously nominated both solo and with the band Rufus.
- If elected, Carole King and Tina Turner will become the second and third female artists inducted twice, following Stevie Nicks’ 2019 election.
- If Foo Fighters are inducted, Dave Grohl will also become a twice-inducted performer.
Cast your vote:
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame offers you the opportunity to participate in the induction selection process with the Fan Vote. Through April 30, you can vote every day. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a “fans’ ballot” that will be tallied along with the other ballots to select the 2021 Inductees.
Watch the induction:
Inductees will be announced in May 2021. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2021 Induction Ceremony will take place in Cleveland, Ohio this fall.