Hello polar vortex! Here are a few things that you can easily to do keep yourself, your home and your car warm during these frigid temps.
If you haven't already checked out our " 7 Tips For Keeping Your House Warm In Winter " article, do that now.
Then take a look at this list that is sure to help keep even the coldest of hearts warm thanks to the good folks over at Mental Floss ...
- Warm Yourself First
- Wear a Hat
- Turn on the Ceiling Fan
- Heat rises and settles near the ceiling, turn the fan on revers and re-disperse the hot are throughout the room.
- Switch Between Hot and Cold Shower
- While the simple answer would appear to be hot water to warm yourself, the cold water will get your blood circulation cooking and keep you warmer longer.
- Block Drafts with a Pool Noodle
- Programmable Thermostat
- Trick a locked thermostat
- Dress your windows in warmer clothes
- Bake All Day! Soups & Stew will add humidity to the room.
- It seems to make sense but bake some cookies and let that oven heat the joint. Don't rely on the oven though, that's dangerous.
- Start Composting
- Layer covers thinner and denser
- Stuff your pockets with DIY hand warmers