GRAND AVENUE BUSINESS ASSOCIATION PRESENTS GRAND OLD DAY
Sunday, June, 4
Musical line-up announced.
Pre-sale wristbands on sale now at Eventbrite.
St. Paul, Minn. (May 11, 2017) – For many Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer, but in St. Paul summer starts withGrand Old Day. After experimenting with a two-day festival last year, Grand Old Day is going back to its one-day, fun-day tradition held on the first Sunday in June. With longer hours in the entertainment district between St. Albans and Victoria, new merchandise vendors and new food items there’s more Grand Old Day packed into one day.
Produced by the Grand Avenue Business Association, the 44th Annual Grand Old Day is free, and expected to draw 250,000 people to St. Paul’s historic Grand Avenue for the “first parade of the summer.”
- The 44th Annual Grand Old Day, presented by the Grand Avenue Business Association, is Sunday, June 4th, 8 am to 7 pm
- Live music and entertainment at six unique Festival Gardens, 11 am to 7 pm.
- Dozens of the Twin Cities’ favorite bands perform throughout the day, including:
- Charlie Parr
- Arc Flash Hazard
- McNasty Brass
- My Famous Friends
- Orange Whip
- Pistol Whippin Party Penguins
- Sabby White Band
- Tim Siegler
- Westside Band
- White Iron Band
- It’s Local District by Presented by All Energy Solar – Located between Ayd Mill and Hamline 20 Minnesota- maker vendors will feature products made by local individual artists and small businesses.
- Summit Backyard at the US Bank lot – A family friendly lot for parents with kids 10 and under with games, food truck and live music.
- The Entertainment District (St. Albans to Victoria) – Always the heart of the music action, this area will be open three hours longer, 11 am to 7 pm.
- Grand Marshall, Grand Avenue Business Association President and Doc Chopp award recipient Bob Kowalski leads the parade that runs 2.5 miles.
- Community Grand Marshall – Celebrating 150 Years, St. Paul Central Principal Mary Mackbee joins the parade as the Community Grand Marshal.
- Media Grand Marshalls – Fox-9 news anchors
- 8:00 am – Grand Old Day begins
- 9:30 am – Grand Old Day Parade begins at Dale Street, and marches down Grand Avenue to Fairview Avenue.
- 10:00 am – Onsite wristbands sold
- 11:00 am – Beer Gardens open
- 5:00 pm – Grand Old Day closes down from Victoria to Fairview
- 5:00 – 7:00 pm – Entertainment district extended hours
- 7:00 pm – Grand Old Day ends for 2017.
- Grand Old Day is free to attend.
· For admission to the Festival Gardens, attendees must be 21 and have a wristband.
o Wristbands are now on sale via Eventbrite.
§ The presale cost is $6.
§ The day-of cost is $8
· For maps, schedules and other information, go to grandave.com/grand-old-day
· Follow-us on Facebook @Grand.Old.Day.mn