On Saturday night, Elton opened with Rocket Man and closed with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.
During the concert, Elton explained that he was saying goodbye to the road in order to spend more time with his children – Zachary and Elijah. The audience gave him a standing ovation, which made him emotional.
The Encore: Taking his seat behind the piano, he broke into “Your Song.” When finished, he said that was the song that started his journey, and then went into the one that he said closes it, “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” -- which he dedicated to his kids, who are back home in England, and husband David Furnish, who watched the show from the 12th row.
After playing “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” Elton stood up and removed his robe, which revealed an updated version of the track suit he wore on the cover of the 1973 Yellow Brick album. He then stepped into a basket that carried him into the video screen. The screen then revealed a video of him walking down the yellow brick road.
Elton John – Farewell Yellow Brick Road Set List:
- “Bennie and the Jets”
- “All the Girls Love Alice”
- “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues”
- “Border Song”
- “Tiny Dancer”
- “Philadelphia Freedom”
- “Indian Sunset”
- “Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going to Be a Long, Long Time)”
- “Take Me to the Pilot”
- “Someone Saved My Life Tonight”
- “Candle in the Wind”
- “Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding”
- “Burn Down the Mission”
- “Sad Songs (Say So Much)”
- “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me”
- “The Bitch Is Back”
- “I’m Still Standing”
- “Crocodile Rock”
- “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting”
- “Your Song”
- “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road”