Walk MS: Twin Cities
Ending multiple sclerosis for good will take all of us. Walk MS helps us team up with friends, loved ones and co-workers to change the world for everyone affected by MS. Together, we become a powerful force. And with every step we take, every dollar we raise... we're that much closer.
Let's get you ready for the experience of a lifetime!
Here is the information you'll need to have an amazing Walk MS experience.
Walk Info & Requirements
To help you have the best Walk MS experience, here are some things you need to know:
- Online registration will close at noon on the Thursday before Walk MS: Twin Cities. If you haven't signed up before then, please visit the registration area on event day to register. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
- Walk MS routes are fully accessible and feature one- and three-mile options. See theRoutes & Mapspage for details.
- Walk MS is held rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous conditions, we will delay the event until conditions improve. Updates are emailed and posted to the Walk MS event website.
- Children must be registered to participate. You will have the opportunity to register children at the end of the registration process.
- If you want to register another adult, you'll have to log out first because the Walk MS website "remembers" you on your computer.
- While there is no registration fee for Walk MS, the Society encourages participants to make a fundraising commitment. Money raised at Walk MS helps fund groundbreaking research and supports programs and services for those impacted by MS.
- Information on dog or other pet access to the event site coming soon! Service animals are always welcome at Walk MS: Twin Cities.
- All Walk MS routes are accessible for scooters, wheelchairs, walkers or a cane.
- We cannot guarantee charging stations for scooters and power chairs. Please be sure your scooter or chair is fully charged to complete the route and maneuver the event venue.
- Accessible restrooms will be available.
- Check-in is 8-10am
- Opening Ceremony starts at 9:15am
- Mass Start at 9:30am
- Everyone needs to be on the route by 10:30am
- Everyone needs to be off the route by 11:30am
Participants will be directed to park at the Minneapolis VAHCS, One Veterans Dr, Minneapolis, MN 55417. There will be shuttles to bring participants to and from Minnehaha Park. The shuttles start at 7:30 am and go until 1:00 pm. You can also park at any metered parking around the park and near Sea Salt.
Arriving at Minnehaha Park
Step 1:Participant Check-in, available from 8am-10am, is located inside the Minnehaha Regional Park building, located by Sea Salt at the South Minnehaha Park Dr. roundabout. (On the corner of S. Minnehaha Dr. and Godfrey Pkwy)
- Sign a waiver (if you have not already done so online) and pick up your Walk MS Sticker.
- Turn in any additional donations.
- Pick up your Fundraising Incentive T-shirt if you have individually raised $100 or more.
Step 2:Visit the Vendor Village, get your Team Photo taken, visit the KidZone, and enjoy videos and pictures on the Jumbotron by the Pavilion prior to the Kick Off and National Anthem at 9:15 am.
Step 3:Start walking at 9:30 am! (All participants must be on the route by 10:30 am)
Breakfast will be provided onsite and consists of bananas, donuts, and coffee. The Food area is sponsored by Walser Automotive.
There is a Rest Stop, Sponsored by Walman Optical, at the 3-mile turnaround, and they will have apples and other snacks. We will also have a food truck, Chicks on Wheels, at the rest stop with snacks available for purchase and a portion of their proceeds will go back to the Society!
There will also be a Hydration Station, sponsored by Prime Therapeutics, at the 1-mile turnaround.
Activities & Vendors
- Vendor Village: There will be a variety of vendors in our Vendor Village such as pharmaceutical companies, local organizations, clinics, and services.
- KidZone: Walk MS Twin Cities also has a KidZone to provide fun activities for families to partake in throughout the day. Get your hair spray painted orange courtesy of Accolades Salon and Spa!
- On Stage: Noodles & Company will be hosting an on-stage zucchini spiraling contest for our Top Fundraising Team Captain, Top Fundraising Rookie Team Captain, and Top Individual Fundraiser.
- Living With MS Area: Visit the National MS Society Mission Tent to pick up your Living With MS t-shirt and interact with Society staff to learn about resources and upcoming programs and services.
Participants who raise $1,000+ individually and team captains of teams who raise $3k cumulatively are invited to visit the VIP tent. There will be desserts courtesy of Nothing Bundt Cakes, fruit courtesy of Cub Foods, and food samples courtesy of Noodles & Company.
Start your Walk!
- Kick Off at 9:15 am
- Mass Start at 9:30 am
- Everyone needs to be on the route by 10:30 am
- Everyone needs to be off the route by 11:30 am